Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ahoy all ye land lubbers!


That's right.  We were taken over by pirates for Benjamin's 1st Birthday!  And we had a super time!

I had a great time getting all the decorations and games ready.








Here's an after shot of the food table...



We also had a shark photo booth.



Everyone walked the plank and swam with the sharks!





We found pirate booty and searched for "buried" treasure.


(This was the scavenger treasure map that I made and then ripped up 
and hid the pieces around the yard for the kids to find).






We were ambushed by enemy pirates!




We found the treasure!!!

We also played "Pin the Patch on the Pirate"!






We pillaged enemy pirate boats!




(These cardboard pirate "boats" were incredibly easy to make ... thanks to my local appliance store).

And of course there was cake and presents!



No one saw where the cupcake wrapper went.  
Benjamin wanted to give mommy a surprise a few days after the party.







And after all that we just wanted to relax.  
Kevin brought out the washoes and the kids just played.






And it's not a party at the Underwood's until someone does the diving board pull up.

Way to go Kenny!!!!


(Sorry Kevin you didn't get into any photos.  But I couldn't have posted
 this great party if you hadn't been behind the camera all day.  Kisses.)


Happy Birthday my sweet Benjamin Button!  We love you!

1 comment:

Afton LeSueur said...

Fun! I'm so sad we couldn't be there! Everything looks so cute, I'm glad you gave Ben such an awesome first birthday party. And go kenny! I'm so impressed!